Every Nigerian with an access to the internet now feels obliged to jump into every discussion on social media. They wake up, search twitter and jump on any trendy topic with an I TOO KNOW mentality. Before you do such, ask yourself these questions
1. Hope it’s not a propaganda hashtag on a smear campaign
2. Must I tweet on it?
3. Hope my tweet won’t be judgemental
4. Have I heard the other side of the story?
5. Do I have all facts concerning the issue?
Reasons Why You Need To Stop Typing Amen On Facebook
6. Hope my tweet won’t give those involved a bad reputation in public
7. Am I an expert on such issues?
8. What if I later realise the trendy hashtag was all a smear campaign, will I retract my tweet or apologise?
9. Is there a likelihood that my tweet might put me in trouble?
10. Hope my contribution won’t be based on sentiments and emotion.
you may like to read 6 Types Of Neighbours In Nigeria
You never can tell, a person who an hashtag is created against might actually be innocent of the said accusations. An example is the #OshifalaSaga where many twitter users lambasted and judged Mr Oshifala guilty even to the extent of making up cases of ghost students who also were victims of his alleged pedophilia act. To our greatest surprise, the students of the school and their heads of departments all thronged the streets with placards all calling for their favourite teacher’s vindication. They say they don’t think such happened nor even know who the victim is.
Hashtags such as #DasukiGate, #TyrantBuhari, #BukolaGate etc might just be on a campaign of calumny. We never can tell until a competent court of law pronounces a judgement on the figures involved.
InfoGuide.Com.Ng is an information blog founded by Mr. Gift Osayande also known as Gift Ogo, The idea of this blog is to offer information’s mostly on Internet Business Opportunities, Facts Of Life, Nigeria culture, Technology Tutorial, and so on. InfoGuide focus more on human lives involve issues and solutions to it. We offer information based on life experiences, that is why every business idea or opportunity on infoguide must have been tested. Infoguide admins don’t offer what have not been tested or something that might bring error to people’s life.
Feel free to use our Contact Page, if you want to contact us privately, because we offer advice, motivational tips, talks on relationships/marriage advises.