The diary product yogurt is made by the fermentation action of live bacteria culture (such as Lactobacillus bulgaricus & Streptococcus thermophile) on milk (lactose).
Lactose is the natural sugar found in milk.
Live bacteria culture usually probiotics converts lactose to lactic acid which gives yogurt its distinctive taste.
ALSO READ: Vitamins And Pregnancy
KNOWN BENEFITS OF YOGURT
- Yogurt contains calcium which promotes bone formation and prevents osteoporosis. some yogurt contains live bacteria known as probiotics. This active bacteria(probiotics) aids in digestion & relieve irritable bowel diseases such as bloating.
- Yogurt can also be used by someone who has lactose intolerance because the lactose present is converted already to lactic acid. THIS IS GOOD NEWS
- Yogurt contains Vitamin B6(pyridoxine), B12 (cyanocobalamin), Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin), Vitamin K, magnesium and lots more. Yogurts are nutrient dense. These contents in yogurts are essential to the body for development and maintenance.
- Yogurt is also high in protein which makes it good for growth and repair of worn out tissue in the body.
- Also probiotics present in the body can boost the immune system. it is advice that during break out of epidermic disease special care should be given to our health basically our personal hygiene and what we eat…
- Add to your daily diet things that can boost your immune system and enable eat resist and fight diseases…
- More research work is on going for claims that yogurt can improve brain function
There are different type of yogurt. The different types makes it healthy or unhealthy.
It’s more healthy to go for yogurt that have little or no sugar/additive in it. Yogurts that contain active probiotics are very healthy. Go for the best.
Finally yogurt should earn a place in your daily or weekly diet because of its vitamin-mineral dense nature.
My beloved micro biologists can relate with this.
If you find this piece helpful drop your comment and add your contribution.
Thanks for reading….
Kindly share.. TOGETHER WE WILL IMPROVE WELL BEINGS OF INDIVIDUALS